Autumn Preserves course – 2014
Operation Farm are running a preserve course starting 11th September for 6 weeks on Thursdays 4.30-7.30 at People First’s new kitchen.
The course is open to anyone; please share with your networks! Cost – £5 per session or pay in advance for all 6 – £25, includes all ingredients and recipes. There are limited places – so booking and payment in advance is essential – ring Ali on 0161 308 3699 or email email@example.com
- Week one – 11th September – Jams
Strawberry Jam, a Damsons or Plum Jam and Sweet Chilli Jam
- Week two – 18th September – Ketchups
(poss) Gooseberry Ketchup and roast tomato ketchup and if anyone is prepared to go out foraging we can do hawberry ketchup as well.
- Week three – 25th September – Cordials
Mixed berry cordial and spiced blackberry
- Week four – 2nd October – Pickles
Courgette pickle and a ploughman’s
- Week five – 9th October – Chutneys
Apple/tomato one and a beetroot one
- Week six – 16th October Relishes
Cucumber relish and a sweet and sour tomato relish